Week 2: Aloe Vera Extract Preparation


As many of you might know about my project from last semester, but I am going to tell those who don't know a bit about it. I am conducting experiments that provide us the knowledge of whether or not Aloe Vera gel provides antimicrobial resistance against E.coli. 

Although I wanted to do cloning, I truly want to finish this project first since It was not done last semester. So this is the plan. 

Today, I did prepare the extract. I got a fresh Aloe Vera cut using sterilized scissors and put it in tap water for 5 mins as a way of cleaning it. Then I extracted the gel-like part of it found in Aloe Vera. I platted them on a plate that was ethanol air-dried, and covered them up. I then put my Aloes in the oven at 80 degrees Celsius and I am leaving it in there for 48 hours.






Comments

Popular Posts