WEEK 4: Aloe Vera drying Update

 Hello,


So, I have been checking on my aloe and recording how long they are taking to get completely dry. At last, they dried, and was able to confirm that the quantity or the volume of the aloe played a major role in how fast or slow they dried. After drying, I am moving on to inoculating E.coli and growing it on top of making some plates. I and Josh have decided to try different type of bacterium, and so I am doing Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. I am pretty excited about this.

I for sure know that Aloe will work better with some of these than the others, but I am excited to personally unravel this and share this with the rest of you. Other than this, my week is very busy too but it is going!



Comments

  1. Peniella,
    It was super nice getting to run into you at the bio sciences department. I read that you were able to make a connection between the quantity of aloe and the drying rate. That's awesome, I always love confirming something that helps me move along with something. I also had a pretty busy week. I was going to tell you also, I applied for a couple of the NSF 10 week summer programs! Some of them look really enlightening. Well, have a fantastic week!
    Alex S

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts