WEEK 9: My E. coli Growing and Zone of Inhibitions Results

 Although my initial plan was to grow to test aloe verra gel against E. coli, but I thought of using one more plant to see if I'd have the same effect as I expect it to. The other plant is Nopalitos plant which are the pads of the nopal cactus. With my Aloe, I cut two parts of the aloe plant. I cut a new baby plant and a grown one just to see what will be more effective than the other.       

I used a Petri dish to grow them on with my negative control being water. I used blank paper discs in this experiment where I dipped them in the gels of my plants and then put them on my dish that had E. coli on it.

As a result, none of the plants grew a zone of inhibition around them. There is nothing wrong with this. Although this is not what we expected, but it is nice to know that with our preparations and all that, it doesn't work against E. coli. 

Now, I am prepping the next step from here.

Comments

  1. Peniella,

    This is awesome! What made you change directions and go with a different plant. I love that even though you weren't expecting that, it still showed you something cool. Science does that a lot it seems. I still need to chart my data, but I cant say what I was expecting happened either!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts