Week 11: Wrapping Up My Experiments

 From last week, I did plate many different plates with various bacteria on them. As you read it from the title, yesssssssssss, I am done with all the experiments for this semester. The bacteria I used are: Staphylococcus epidermidis, Serratia marcescens, Providencia stuarii, Proteus mirabilis, Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, and Enterococcus faecalis.

So, also from the curiousity of how well aloe vera works for antimicrobial susceptibilities, I decided to have a 95% ethanol as my positive control, 70% isopropyl as a positive control as well, water as my negative control and ethanolic aloe vera. I won't share the results yet, but stay tuned for next week when I share the news.



Comments

  1. Hi Peniella, I so excited to see your results come out next week. I've taken a liking to plating bacteria and testing effectivness. I have to say I'm always curious about the results and the why. I wish you much luck on your journey after the program.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts